Jenny Nguyen ‘16, a third-year MD/MA student, returned for a second webinar for students and alums interested in medical school — and 170 of them heard from her, Michael Najem ’20, who started med school in the fall of 2020, and Kristin McJunkins and Laurie Coppola from Yale’s Office of Career Strategy. The presenters answered questions such as these:
- Do I need to major in STEM?
- What kinds of extracurricular activities matter?
- For students who are first-gen or from a low-income background, what are the hidden surprises ahead?
- Should I take a gap year before I apply, or even after I am admitted?
- Is a post-bacc program right for me?